Last week when we were doing our research for this piece, we came across a startling statistic that even us, the cleaning experts, didn’t know. It turns out that free-weights found at the gym are 362x more dirty than a toilet seat. Shocking, we know. Being the clean freaks that we are, we decided to do a bit more research. Here are 10 statistics that will make you want to stop what you’re doing and check out our website immediately. Warning, you may want to put down your lunch before reading the rest of this, enjoy!
- Human beings carry about four pounds worth of bacteria on them at all times. Source here.
- The average office desk has 400x more bacteria than a toilet seat. Yes, it’s time to get the office professionally cleaned. Source here.
- Every time you think you smell rain, you’re not smelling rain. No, you’re actually smelling bacteria. Source here.
- Offices with more males than females contains more bacteria. (Remember to use this one in an argument) Source here.
- Your computer is probably one of the dirtiest things in your home. Source here.
- New germs will grow on your kitchen sponge every 20 minutes. Source here.
- Office coffee cups is one of the most dirtiest things in the office. It gets even more gross if you click here.
- Chlorine doesn’t cause red eyes, bacteria does. Source here.
- Some germs and bacteria actually have eyeballs. Source here.
- Kitchen sinks are usually 100,000x more dirty than anything that can be found in the bathroom. Source here.
We’re sorry if you’re a bit grossed out but the point of these facts was to demonstrate the fact that items are more dirty than they appear, even if you think you’re a clean freak. The good news is that most of these germs/bacteria statistics could be reduced with proper techniques such as disinfect spray and complete and frequent dusting. If you simply don’t have the time to clean, or would like to work in a clean environment, then it might be time to start considering a cleaning service for your home, office or business. iRestify has got you covered. Enjoy your lunch!